Balance Activ BV Pessaries work in the same way as Balance Activ BV Gel but are simply inserted into the vagina like a tampon.
These pessaries are small, discreet, mess-free and ideal for use at bedtime.
* Seven day treatment
* Works at night while you sleep
What Is Bacterial Vaginosis?
Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is a very common condition affecting 1 in 3 women of childbearing age at some stage in their lifetime. BV usually occurs when the pH level in the vagina becomes less acidic and can cause the proliferation of bad bacteria. As BV is caused by bacteria, this is a principal difference between BV and thrush, which is caused by a yeast infection (fungal proliferation).
What Are The Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis / BV?
* An unpleasant fishy odour
* A greyish watery discharge
* BV does not usually cause soreness in your vagina
– Lactic acid, which plays a vital role in maintaining the vagina’s natural pH balance
– Glycogen, which is a carbon source and acts as nutrients for ‘good’ lactobacilli bacteria in the vagina.
– Hormone free
Instructions for use
– Each box contains 7 single use pessaries
– Pessary – a small soluble bullet shaped block that is inserted in to the vagina
– For treatment: use 1 pessary per day for 7 days
– For maintenance: use 1–2 pessaries per week
– It is recommended for use at bedtime so that it works while you sleep
– The treatments can be used during pregnancy however, you should visit a doctor if you think you may have a vaginal infection
– The pessary is intended for single use and should not be divided
– Do not use if you are sensitive or allergic to any of the ingredients
– In case of a reaction to any of the ingredients, stop use immediately
– Keep away from eyes and in case of contact rinse thoroughly with tepid water
– Keep out of sight and reach of children
– The cream may cause a slight tingling sensation on application.